Susan D. Boon is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Calgary. She is a member of the Social Psychology and Social Development research group (SPSD), director of the University of Calgary's "Lovelab," and an associate editor at the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. She and her students study personal relationships, with a particular focus on their darker side. Together with her students, she has been investigating a broad range of topics in the field of personal relationships since 1992.
- Boon, S. D., Alibhai, A. M., & Deveau, V. L. (2011). A taste of their own medicine: Reflections on the costs and benefits of exacting romantic revenge. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Sciences, 43(2), 128-137.
- Boon, S. D., Deveau, V. L, & Alibhai, A. M. (2009). Payback: An exploration of the parameters of revenge in romantic relationships. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 26(6-7), 747-768.
- Mackinnon, S. L., & Boon, S. D. (2012). Protect the individual or protect the relationship? A dual-process model of indirect risk exposure, trust, and caution. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 29(2), 262-283.
- Rapske, D. L., Boon, S. D., Alibhai, A. M., & Kheong, M. J. (2010). Not forgiven, not forgotten: An investigation of unforgiven interpersonal offenses. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 29, 1100-1130.
- Rasmussen, K. R., & Boon, S. D. (2014). Romantic revenge and the dark triad: A model of impellance and inhibition. Personality and Individual Differences, 56, 51-56.
- Sheppard, K. E., & Boon, S. D. (2012). Predicting appraisals of romantic revenge: The roles of honesty-humility, agreeableness, and vengefulness. Personality and Individual Differences, 52, 128-132.
- Bias and Error in Human Judgment and Decision-Making
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Social Psychology
- The General Linear Model
Susan D. Boon
Department of Psychology
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4
- Phone: (403) 220-5564